Monday, April 2, 2018

Trio of Dyan cards with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Trio of Something". And we're showcasing Dyan Reavely (Dylusions) products also! If you have some, great! If not it's okay too!


This week I went crazy with bright colors and I cut up an H&M catalog for these three cards. All three cards were made with the same products, all patterns out of the magazine are the same. I started to tear out patterns and a full text. Often they use great words and lines that you can use for your cards or other projects.

 
 

After I glued it all down with Mod Podge, I started working with Gesso and Dylusions Paint. With my finger I mixed and blended all the colors together. Dylusions Paint stays wet a bit longer so you can blend your colors better. To give the colors more depth, I used 3 different colors of Infusions. For the contrast I used Distress Crayon on the edges, this makes the bright colors even brighter.

 

  

With Texture Paste and Black Soot Distress Paint I used a Dylusions Stencil to apply texture and even more contrast. And as a third Dylusions product I used Dylusions Spray, as black spatters, but also to tint the Paper Doll.

 
 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

11 comments:

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

SO SO SO beautiful! Love how bright these cards are!!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Sandra :-) the backgrounds are fabulous, love the colours and textures, and the little people are very cute :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

Oh my! This is a real explosion! What a colorfulness! Love the messy way of building background and the result you got, that was brave! Great idea of using catalogue scraps for background and I will be searching some cool sentiments now too in the catalogues I have :-) Love the set, its vibrancy and originality! Hugs, Marzena

Stephanie said...

Those bright bold colors make my heart ZING! This is an amazing trio, love seeing how you put it all together. :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Maura said...

WOW! These cards are glowing with color, Sandra! Love the contrast between bright, bright colors and the black and touches of white. Wonderful!! hugs, Maura

Meihsia Liu said...

Love love love these awesome cards! Sandra. The colors and texture you created are amazing. :)

Emma Williams said...

Amazing trio of cards and a wonderful explosion of colour...these are fabulous Sandra and I love them! Hugs... :)

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, look at these wonderful colorful cards!! They are fantastic Sandra. I love all that colour and the contrast with the black and the white. Hugs!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

FAVORITE PROJECT OF YOURS EVER!!! Yep! Despite all of the other projects you've done that have also been my favorites, these have to be the top of the list. These are fabulous and I am in love with the way you used bright colors with the Infusions. I was so intrigued with these cards that I snuck away from my desk at work just so I could watch your video! I always love to see your process, especially for these gems. Excellent work here and I would buy these as wallpaper if I could!

Kath Stewart said...

love love love the bright zingy colours Sandra and all the amazing detail you added to these masterpieces, hugs kath xxx

Barbara said...

Wow Wow Wow! My new favorite!!!!!! Fantabulous!!!! Spectacular work! Love love love the bright colors and black together! Wonderful design! BArbara