Monday, December 4, 2017

Icy card with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about "Icy Photo Inspiration". And we are also showcasing PaperArtsy products. If you have any, we love to see them used in your project, if not, that's no problem.



This icy inspiration is made by my lovely teammate Maura. It's full of all thing icy, so let your imagination run free and join us!





From my sweet team member Marzena I got the inspiration to use Embossing Powder in combination with Infusions. But first I gave the background some color with Nuvo Mousse Aquamarine and Pure Platinum. Then I made a pattern with the diamond stamp of the STAMPtember 2017 Tim Holtz set using the MISTI. It only works with a stamp that can be repeated. It was a bit tricky to get it all right, but I managed to make a nice pattern, and because I stamped with VersaMark and didn't see where I've had stamped, I already used Embossing Powder over it.

 

For the next step I've used PaperArtsy Infusions A Bit Jaded. First layer wasn't really to my liking and I picked up the most part with a paper towel before it was dry. Then for the second layer I've used a Silicone Brush, but that didn't really give the desired result either. Again, before it was dry, I dabbed it with a paper towel. This give it a nice soft effect. Finally I got some Infusions on the top and bottom and that gave the pretty result that I was looking for. For a fun touch I've colored a few diamonds to create more depth and interest.

 

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:


50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sandra! the deer is so handsome and I just love the background, I am so going to CASE this! absolutely stunning! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Catherine said...

Gorgeous background, Sandra! I love the colors and the majestic deer against that background is so pretty.

Cathie ♥

Macarena said...

Yiipiie, dirty fingers! Finally!
And OMG that background! How the hell do you know how much to shift to match perfectly the pattern? It's magic for me! And I totally loved how the background made with mousses and white embossing turned out! So delicate, snowy and soft! So happy to be an inspiration for your background, too :-) Beautiful card. Would fit well in my small gallery :P
Hugs, Marzena

Tee said...

Beautiful background and color, Gorgeous!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the embossing powder/infusions combination. Hugs, Valerie

Beulah Bee said...

Please pardon the expression but, "What a stud!" (Great design)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely elegant card! I love how you created the background and how you were able to find the beauty in icy weather even though you aren't a fan of being cold! I'm wrapped up in a big fluffy blanket as I type this, so I guess I'm not much of a cold fan, either! Stay cozy and thanks for the inspiration in the meantime!

Maura said...

You are my shining star with how you've used the Infusions, Sandra! I love how you created so much depth to the color! I need to practice more! Beautiful card!! hugs, Maura

Stephanie said...

Such a proud and proper prancing deer, Sandra! I love the background, the color and texture is gorgeous!!

*mwah*
Steph
SImon Says Stamp!

Kath Stewart said...

stunning card Sandra and I love love love that gorgeous background...enjoy your weekend hugs kath xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous card, Sandra. The colors and texture you created on the background are so beautiful. Such a great design! :)

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

I absolutely love this card Sandra!! your backgrounds are awesome!