Monday, October 24, 2016

Autumn cards with video tutorial

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Hi everyone,

It's Monday and that means a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! This week it's all about Autumn. As this season is just began, the colors are changing and can be your inspiration.



Autumn has already started a month ago and the leaves are beginning to change color slowly. I start to appreciate these colors more and more, but the cooler temperature I don't like very much, as well as the shorter days and longer nights. But the color palette is growing on me, which is why I chose these fall colors for this challenge.
 

For the background I've used the Media Leaves Masks and I made sprays of Distress Reinkers and Perfect Pearls. After spraying, I've dabbed off the background and used another piece of cardstock to pick up the excess spray and keeping the same composition.

 

The Celebration Words (thanks, Cathie!) I've inked up with Versamark ink and embossed them with Pewter Embossing Powder. With the Versamark pen I did some touch ups. This time I've used Walnut Stain Distress Crayon for the edges. Gives it a different look and kept it more autumnal.

VIDEO:



SUPPLIES:

50dollar_voucher_600px
To join in all you need to do is make a project that fits this weeks challenge and you can be the winner of the $50 gift voucher that our amazing sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers. This prize will go to a random entry. So go over to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, let the DT members inspire you and join in the fun!
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in.

Follow Simon Says Stamp on Instagram
Instagram
If you use instagram add #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!



Thank you for stopping by! Love to see you next time!

Hugs,
Sandra

14 comments:

Marci said...

I like how you used the Dina Wakley stencil on these tags.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous panels Sandra, the colours and details on these are absolutely stunning! LOVE them :-) ❤️

luv
Lols x x x

Maura said...

Beautiful cards, Sandra! I love how you used color with the oranges and greens. It is really how I see Autumn when I look out my window. Fantastic mirrored images on these! Love the use of white - really makes an impact! hugs, maura

Catherine said...

It's so fun to watch your videos and see how everything comes together. Your backgrounds are amazing!! After recently having the privilege to receive one of your cards and tags, I'm in awe of your amazing talent.

Cathie ♥

Macarena said...

Love this set, what clever it was to make two cards at the same time, I thought you'd be making a journal pages! Beautiful use of stencils. Ps. Nice sweater :-) Hugs, Marzena

Stephanie said...

Beautiful background, Sandra! Love your tutorials too :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Annie said...

Totally love the backgrounds you have created here Sandra xx The colour combination is so effective x TFS and best wishes
Annie x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful cards Sandra! LOVE the masterboard you created to make them both. Awesome color too!

Jerrie said...

These are so perfect for the season and I love the looks of them!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

How great to see a pair of amazing Autumn cards! I love how they share a color palette, but each one has its own bit of personality. You used both the positive and negative space so well and I loved how they evoked FALL!!

Barbara said...

I love the whole design of your work! It's absolutely amazing! Can I say perfection?Barbara

Kath Stewart said...

stunning cards Sandra.;..love the gorgeous colours and how you used the positive and negative in such a creative way...hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

You've created two really beautiful cards, Sandra and I just love the colour palette and the way you've captured the feel of this glorious season! Hugs :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful journal pages, Sandra. The colors and background patterns are gorgeous! :)